This cheesy potato chowder recipe is so delicious, and easy to make! It’s the perfect comfort food for a cold winter day!
- 1 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1–1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 8 medium potatoes, baked and diced (peels on or off depending on preference)
- 3 cup chicken broth – divided into 1 cup and 2 cup (if you use a low sodium variety, you may need to add salt to taste)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley or ½ cup fresh
- 2 cup whole milk
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- 6 pieces bacon, fried crispy
- Heat butter/oil in a large stockpot over low heat.
- Add garlic, celery and onion. Saute until softened and translucent.
- Add potatoes, 1 c. broth, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook 10 min. over med. Heat.
- Mix softened cream cheese, flour, milk and remaining 2 c. broth by hand mixer or whisk until smooth. Add to the stock pot and continue cooking over med. Heat, stirring frequently until heated through and thickened.
- Add shredded cheese and corn. Stir well to mix in. Let simmer until cheese is melted.
- Pour into serving bowls and top with bacon crumbles. Top with additional cheese if desired.
- *A dash of red hot sauce, stirred in adds extra punch.