You won’t believe how incredible cheese ravioli from scratch tastes! It’s easy to make, loaded with flavor, and will put a smile on your face!
- 2 cups ‘00’ flour (available at Italian groceries, all-purpose flour will work if ‘00’ is not available)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
Two ways to make the dough for the pasta:
- Dump flour onto a work surface (marble works best- I used a marble pastry board), and make a well in the center of the flour large enough to hold three eggs without running over. Add the salt and eggs to the well. Slowly work the flour into the eggs using your hands until a ball has formed. Break this into two and then knead each ball until firm. Wrap in plastic wrap and swirl to twist the ends of the plastic wrap, and then tie them together. Refrigerate the dough for an hour.
- The second way to make the dough is to combine the dough ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together using a dough hook. When the dough has formed a firm ball, divide it into two and knead each ball until smooth, and then wrap in plastic (as in the first method) and refrigerate for an hour.
- Pasta Filling/Making Ravioli: Mix all filling ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate until the dough is ready to roll out.
- Roll out the dough. You should be able to roll out each ball into an approximately 6×10 inch size. Cut this down the middle, allowing for 10 ravioli per ball.
- Drop 5 scoops of filling down each half of the dough, and then fold the dough over the top of those and pinch together. Slice each into 5 sections, and pinch together along the cut sides.
- Repeat this with the other ball of dough, for a total of 20 large ravioli.
- To cook, add ravioli to boiling water and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes.