Wraps are like healthier versions of sandwiches, and make easy lunches! Here’s how to make a delicious bacon turkey club wrap with avocado!
- 3 strips uncured, nitrite-free bacon
- 1 wrap or large tortilla
- Roasted red pepper hummus (plain, garlic, and other flavors are also fine)
- 3 slices nitrate-free turkey
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 medium-sized tomato
- 1 large lettuce leaf
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- Onion powder (optional)
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Cook your bacon. You only need 3 strips, but I went ahead and cooked the whole package of bacon and put the extras in the fridge to use throughout the week. I kept the bacon fat in a stainless steel grease can to use later.
- Lay out your wrap. Spread a generous amount of hummus over it.
- Place your 3 slices of turkey. I folded up each slice in half and arranged them in a row to keep the amount of meat even across the wrap. Top the turkey with your bacon strips.
- Slice your half of an avocado and put the slices on top of the bacon.
- Slice your half of a tomato and put the slices on top of the avocado.
- Chop up your lettuce leaf and distribute it on top of the tomato.
- If you used nitrate-free meat like me, you’ll probably want to add a couple shakes of Italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder. That’s because one of the unfortunate side effects of not having harmful nitrates in your meat is slightly less default flavor. The spices are a natural way to help bring the delicious turkey and bacon flavors back out!
- Finally, roll up your wrap. Slice it in half, then serve!