There’s no need to go to the store for some delicious sugar cookies! Here’s how to make homemade aqua blue frosted copycat Lofthouse sugar cookies!
- -Cookie Ingredients- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt (omit if using salted butter)
- Pastel colored nonpareils
- -Frosting Ingredients- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Wilton teal gel food coloring
- -Frosting Directions- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the softened butter for about 1 minute. Add in the powdered sugar a little bit at a time.
- Add in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Add a few drops of the teal gel food coloring to the frosting and stir to combine. After combining, add a few more drops of food coloring if needed and stir again.
- -Cookie Directions- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, combine the sugar and softened butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Slowly fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (omit the salt if you’re using salted butter).
- Once all the ingredients are combined scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball using your hands. My dough was a little bit sticky and that is OK. Place the cookies about 2-3″ apart on an ungreased baking sheet and gently pat down using your fingers.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool prior to decorating.
- Generously frost each cookie with the aqua blue frosting you made.
- Sprinkle pastel nonpareils on top of each frosted cookie. Then enjoy!