This apple bread is dense, it’s delicious and it’s pretty easy to put together.
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups flour
- 1–3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apples, any kind peeled and chopped, skins removed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the chopped apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and white sugar and beat until smooth and creamy, usually around 3-5 minutes. Stop periodically to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder and beat until just combined. Add milk and mix until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan and sprinkle with half of the apples. Pour the remaining batter on top and add remaining apples.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before slicing.
- Makes 1 loaf.