A Favorite Thing – Decorating with My Thrift Store Finds

I’m joining Claudia’s A Favorite Thing Saturday over at Mockingbird Hill Cottage.  This week I’m sharing something that combines two of my favorite things - thrifting and dogs… and decorating with my thrifty finds. O.K.  THREE of my favorite things!

Bombay Co. Dog Print - A Cultivated Nest

How many of you remember the store Bombay Co.? I used to love that store so much! I was very into the whole British Colonial look back in the day (my how tastes change)!

bombay co tag

Do they have any brick and mortar stores anymore? All the ones around here closed years ago.

Yellow Lab Print

Anyway, I found a fun Bombay Co. dog print {which looks brand new since it still had some of the corner protectors on it} at Goodwill.

vintage dog prints

Many of you will remember that I have some vintage dog prints in my foyer around my front door.

foyer with dog prints

That’s where I put my new find. See he fits right in! (of course it would have been even more perfect if he was a Golden like our Maxie or a Beagle like Corey).

blue house

Now I think it would be so fun to have a few more  (at least one more) dog print in this style!

Labradore Print

Always something new to search for – that’s the fun of collecting and thrifting!

Did you miss my other thrift store finds this week? Go here to see them.

Comments

My children would really laugh at your dog dressed up picture.
    I just saw a painting that my father in law did of my stepsons brittany springer, you would like it too.

hope you have a nice weekend

2. Anonymous says

I love the dogs, I’ve started collecting small vintage dog figurines and at my favorite thrift store I have found probably 15 in the last couple months. I am definately going to start looking for dog prints now, your are beautiful!! Great idea! Thanks..

3. Terri says

I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that Bombay was going to reopen a few stores. Wish I could remember where I read it so I could see where they will be!

He makes a nice addition to your wall of dogs, Manuela! : ) Home Goods had a larger framed size of prints like these at one time ~ all kinds of breeds dressed in male and female clothing. I loved Bombay, too! I was so sad when they closed here. I think they still have stores in Canada, but maybe one of your Canadian readers can confirm that.

Have a great weekend!

I kind of remember those – they weren’t framed though or something. Maybe they were too big. I do remember them having them.

I loved Bombay Company! The one near me closed but I believe there is still one in Snellvile! It may have closed too! Have a blessed day in your sweet home with your new print of the puppy:) HUGS!

6. Vee says

Oh yes! He does fit right in. I vaguely remember the store of which you speak…hmmm…I don’t think that there are any in my corner if there ever were.

I used to love Bombay & Co. — just to look. Never bought anything thing. Didn’t they always have a lot of monkey themed items? Love how you are able to integrate everything into your surroundings — and make it look as if it has been there for years. Your dog prints are lovely. And the real doggy photos are sweet, too. Best wishes, Tammy

YES!!! They did have a lot of monkey themed things. Monkey candlesticks, monkey lamps…I think that was all part of their British Colonial look.

For the dog print? I already looked – that’s always my first go to place for hard to find items. But I’ll keep checking. I’m sure one will show up one of these days!

I used to love that store!

This print is awesome – it looks so much like our friends’ dog Mack. Handsome fellow – I should see if I can find one online as a gift for them!

Oh I used to work in a Mall, and they had a Bombay…and I loved going in there! I didn’t buy a lot of stuff, but I would always find some interesting item! My tastes have changed a lot since then too…since it was over 20 years ago! Ha!

My husband and I enjoy thrifting and antiquing…and have decided it would be fun to go out several times a month to each of the thrift stores to scavenger hunt! (:>)

Your dog items are fun! My husband used to have an impressive dog collection…but has moved on to other things over the years. I think they make a house, or especially a den feel home~y! (:>)

Happy Saturday Manuela!
    Love, Linda

How cute! I love all your vintage dogs pictures. I have several vintage girl and dog pictures hanging in my living room. I found a great wood Bombay photo box this past summer at a garage sale, only $2.00 and it was brand new!

Blessings!
    ~Nadine

That’s a great find, Manuela. I do remember the Bombay stores – I don’t recall seeing a brick and mortar store for many years! The print looks like it was made for that corner of your house.

Thanks so much for joining in this week.

xo
    Claudia

I remember that store. I think Pier 1 still sells some of the British Colonial pieces, although I haven’t been to the one in our area for a year or two.

Your house is gorgeous. I couldn’t get away with the dog prints in my house. Victoria would be in a huff. She thinks “dogs drool, cats rule” (remember that movie?). ;)

I stopped by Goodwill last week but the only thing I found worth buying was a plastic Fisher Price teapot that sings when you lift the lid. It will go into the box I’m sending for Christmas to New England, not as an actual gift for “baby Anna” (who is now two and a half) but just for fun. I’m having fun with it!

13. Theresa says

Loving that saltbox house. The dog picture is great.
    There are still Bombay stores here in Ontario(Canada). They are lovely stores, just not my style.

Hi Manuela,
    I adore that spiffy looking pooch! I absolutely love your salt box house. Itt looks great perched on your red hall tree. I just love your style…It’s right up my alley!
    Blessings, my sweet friend,
    Carolynn xo

15. JudyK says

We still have Bombay stores here in Winnipeg, Canada. You’re welcome to come for a visit and do a little shopping! Just be sure to wear a down-filled parka!