Mandarin orange cups are a favorite lunchtime fruit in our family! Somehow they always taste really good, both the fruit and the leftover juice! If you’ve ever wondered if mandarin orange juice would make a good drink, you’d be right! Combine yummy mandarin orange juice with a few other ingredients, and you can make this delicious Mandarin Orange Cream Soda! It’s such a refreshing drink on a hot day!
Did you know that grenadine is non-alcoholic? Since it’s often used in cocktails, people sometimes forget that. It’s actually just a partly sweet, partly tart syrup that adds a great red color to your drink. To get grenadine that’s more than just high fructose corn syrup and food coloring, try to find one that actually lists pomegranate juice as an ingredient.
Mandarin Orange Cream Soda
Makes one 10 ounce glass of soda
1 cup cream soda
1/4 cup mandarin orange juice (you can get this from the same can as your mandarin orange slices)
Six mandarin orange slices
1/2 tsp grenadine
Rinsed sprig of fresh mint (optional, for garnish)
1. In a glass, pour 1 cup of cream soda.
2. Add 1/4 cup of mandarin orange juice from the can.
3. Alternate between adding orange slices and ice cubes.
5. Drizzle in grenadine.
6. Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint, serve, and enjoy!
This fresh, cold mandarin orange cream soda is the perfect drink now that the days are getting warmer! And it doesn’t hurt that it looks really pretty! Mix up a glass just for yourself, or multiply the recipe to make enough for a whole party! For a fancier look, consider pouring your drink into a highball glass. Though any glass that can hold 10 ounces of liquid plus ice would work just fine!
What’s your favorite homemade drink?
- 1 cup cream soda
- ¼ cup mandarin orange juice (you can get this from the same can as your mandarin orange slices)
- Six mandarin orange slices
- ½ tsp grenadine
- Ice cubes
- Rinsed sprig of fresh mint (optional, for garnish)
- In a glass, pour 1 cup of cream soda.
- Add ¼ cup of mandarin orange juice from the can.
- Alternate between adding orange slices and ice cubes.
- Drizzle in grenadine.
- Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint, serve, and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You may also be interested in: