10 Ways to Upcycle Glass Bottles & Jars

Ever wonder what to do with that empty wine bottle, baby food jar or jam jar? Here are 10 great ideas for taking something you’d normally recycle or throw out and making something pretty and useful out of it.

Ever wonder what to do with that empty wine bottle, baby food jar or jam jar? Here are 10 great ideas for taking something you'd normally recycle or throw out and making something pretty and useful out of it.

10 Ways to Upcycle Glass jars and bottles

cute storage jars

Dottie Angel shows how to make these cute storage jars. So easy and so pretty!

clear bottle candleholders

Wine bottles are great for holding tapers. A group all in one color makes quite a beautiful statement. Clear bottle candle holders

twig vase

Gardenmama has a great tutorial on how to make this Twig Vase which uses a recycled jar. I love this!

spray painted glass flower bottles

Pretty Handy Girl shows how to make these lovely spray painted glass bottles. So pretty!

mixed blue glass centerpiece

Isn’t this collection of mixed glass a beautiful centerpiece.

jar terrarium

source: pinterest via urbancomfort.typepad.com

Make a beautiful terrarium out of an old jar. Making a terrarium is on my to do list. I just have to find a big enough jar.

bottle edging for a flower border

or use some old bottles as edging for your border like The Green Backs Gal

mason jar candles

Mason jar candles or spaghetti jars etc. These would be so pretty out on a deck or screened porch on a summer night.

yarn wrapped bottles

Yarn wrapped bottles Aren’t these pretty and so easy to do! I’ve also seen them wrapped in twine.

hanging bottle vase centerpiece

What a statement! Wouldn’t these hanging bottle vases be so pretty for a porch or backyard party?

recycled glass jars made into a chandelier

I know I said 10 but this is such a great idea I had to include it! This beautiful glass chandelier can be made with recycled mason jars or even baby food jars. DIY at Pop Sugar

Keep those glass bottles and jars and upcycle them into something useful and pretty!

10 ways to upcycle glass jars

Comments

Oooo! I like a lot of those ideas. The little terrariums are a neat idea and the hanging vases for a party.
    I’ve seen people make lights out of them like chandeliers too.
    I really like the garden edging…{wink-wink}

What I would like to do with the glass I’m saving is make a bottle tree. Can’t sell the hubby on the idea. But I’m working on it!

I say have fun with your recyclables.
    ~Pat

I’d love a bottle tree too! If we liked wine and drank more of it I might consider the bottle edging :)

Those are some good ideas – thanks for sharing. I save the unusual shaped or pretty colors and when the stash gets out of control I have to clean them out. :-D
    Enjoy your weekend.

Thease are all lovely ideas, I like the terrarium too, but finding a glass jar that size, not much choices in glass, everything is plastic. Thank you for stopping over my little place and leaving a comment I sure appreciate it, and hope you’ll stop again sometime. I prefer glass, doesn’t everything look and taste better when it is in glass. ? My MIL sometimes gives me glass jars when the shape is unusual, and I store spices and what not in them. I’ll have to keep my eyes open to find as many as you’ve shown here.

I love these ideas! I dare not tell the husband, but I have just found a new excuse to hoard a new thing. Uh oh…
    I really do want to take a look in our recycling right now to see what we might have before he takes it tomorrow.

Hi Manuella,
    I like the bottle and jar ideas you have shared.
    Years ago, my daughter and I painted the outside of jars and put pictures on them, then we put rafia around the top to pretty up the thread area and gave these away for pen and pencil holders…..everyone loved them.
    I’d like a bottle tree,too.
    God bless
    Barb from Australia

Great ideas! I love the garden edging, but would be scared of broken glass from my super active boys. The yarn covered bottles look like such an easy DIY project! Thanks for sharing.

Such pretty pictures. I adore the terrarium with the orchid. I wonder if I could keep one alive like that. My green thumb seems to be slowly turning brown.